For a breakdown of how the 2017 NFL Draft could impact Fantasy Football next season, be sure to read the entire NFL Draft Fantasy Preview Series. All 32 teams are available here:
The NFL Draft Fantasy Preview Series : Cleveland – Chicago – San Francisco – Jacksonville – LA Rams – Tennessee – Jets – Chargers – Panthers – Bengals – Bills – Vikings – Cardinals – Saints – Eagles – Colts – Ravens –Redskins – Lions – Buccaneers – Broncos – Giants – Texans – Raiders – Cowboys – Seahawks – Steelers – Patriots – Falcons – Packers – Chiefs – Dolphins
- Cleveland- Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M
- San Francisco- Solomon Thomas, DE Standford
- Chicago Bears- Jamal Adams, S LSU
- Jacksonville Jaguars- Leonard Fournette, RB LSU
- Tennessee Titans- Marshon Lattimore, CB Ohio State
- New York Jets- Mitchell Trubisky, QB North Carolina
- Los Angeles Chargers- Malik Hooker, S Ohio State
- Carolina Panthers- Jonathan Allen, DE Alabama
- Cincinnati Bengals- Haason Reddick, LB Temple
- Buffalo Bills- O.J. Howard, TE Alabama
- New Orleans Saints- Marlon Humphrey, CB Alabama
- Cleveland Browns- Deshaun Watson, QB Clemson
- Arizona Cardinals- Quincy Wilson, CB Florida
- Philadelphia Eagles- Christian McCaffrey, RB Stanford
- Indianapolis Colts- Gareon Conley, CB Ohio State
- Baltimore Ravens- Derek Burnett, DE Tennessee
- Washington Redskins- Reuben Foster, LB Alabama
- Tennessee Titans- Jon Ross, WR Washington
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Taco Charlton, DE Michigan
- Denver Broncos- Cam Robinson, OT Alabama
- Detroit Lions- Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan
- Miami Dolphins- Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
- New York Giants- David Njoku, TE Miami
- Oakland Raiders- T.J. Watt, LB Wisconsin
- Houston Texans- Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech
- Seattle Seahawks- Garrett Bolles, OT Utah
- Kansas City Chiefs- Mike Williams, WR Clemson
- Dallas Cowboys- Jabril Peppers, S Michigan
- Green Bay Packers- Dalvin Cook, RB Florida State
- Pittsburgh Steelers- Takkarist McKinley, DE UCLA
- Atlanta Falcons- Charles Harris, DE Missouri
- New Orleans Saints- Kevin King, CB Washington
First Round Fantasy Takeaways:
Quarterbacks Leave A Lot To Be Desired- The quarterbacks that will be drafted in the first round of this draft will offer little for Fantasy owners to get excited about. With Trubisky and Watson likely to be learning behind a veteran, their real appeal will be in dynasty leagues only. Patrick Mahomes, on the other hand, could walk into Texans training camp and take the starting job from Tom Savage. If he were to do so, he may wind up being an intriguing waiver wire prospect, much like Carson Wentz in 2016.
Running Backs Are Making A Comeback- After the success of Ezekiel Elliott in 2016, teams around the league in need of a running back are now willing to jump at the position earlier than in recent memory. Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, and Dalvin Cook all could land on teams that will be giving them the keys to the running game. While Fournette may be the earliest back selected in Fantasy drafts, watch out for the potential of McCaffrey. He could very well finish ahead of him in scoring by the end of 2017. He will be a huge asset in PPR formats, and likely used in a Danny Woodhead type role on the team that drafts him.
Wide Receivers Will Be Hot And Cold In 2017- The top end of this wide receiver class will offer some flash in the names that get selected, but likely will not offer enough value to be in your lineups on a weekly basis. Corey Davis, being injured during the draft process, will offer some great potential, but how long will it take him to shake the rust off? John Ross will be used situationally and could provide a big week here and there, but can you pick the right one? Mike Williams could be the highest scorer of the three and should be drafted ahead of the others in Fantasy drafts.
Tight Ends With Potential-The two tight ends projected to go in the first round, O.J. Howard and David Njoku, could come in and make some noise right away if selected to the teams that I have them going to. They would be the clear starters on each team that like to utilize the position in the passing game. They will start the year as TE2s in Fantasy, but both could ascend into the TE1 category by season’s end.
Listen to the only FREE 24/7 Fantasy Sports Radio channel on the go! Get the FNTSY Sports Radio Network app now in the iTunes store or on Google Play. Listen to Fantasy Football Frenzy, the RotoExperts in the Morning, Fantasy Best Friends Forever and the award-winning On Target. Plus a whole lot more from all of your Fantasy favorites for FREE!