Before I get into the rankings, it’s also good to review who’s been doing what.
As expected, the highest scoring match of the weekend was Sunderland vs. West Brom. No, just kidding. No one expected that. To make matters worse, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City were all shut out. If you didn’t have a very good week, you’re not alone. Manchester United scored three goals, yet, the most popular player in Fantasy soccer was not involved in any of the goals (Robin van Persie).
Seriously, don’t worry about it, move on. Who was the leading Fantasy scorer of the weekend? Wigan midfielder, Jordi Gomez, who notched a hat trick. They were his first goals of the campaign, in his first start in more than two months. He’s on 0.4 percent of squads at the premierleague.com game. Next up in scoring was Stephane Sessegnon who scored and assisted. He’s had a very slow start to the season, but looks like he’s coming around. The next best midfielders came from Southampton, Gaston Ramirez and Adam Lallana. These guys are not widely owned.
One player that has been impressive this year and had another brace is Jermaine Defoe. He led all forwards in scoring with two goals. He already has seven goals and four assists after totaling 11 goals and two assists all of last season.
The West Brom strikers continue to wreak havoc on opponents. Romelu Lukaku, Shane Long, Peter Odemwingie and even Marc-Antoine Fortune, scored or assisted at Sunderland. The Baggies are playing out of their minds at the moment, sitting in third place on the table.
On the defensive side of things, Swansea netminder Gerhard Tremmel recorded his first ever Premier League clean sheet. He started his fourth straight match in place of the injured Michel Vorm. A Norwich defender was once again at the top of the rankings. They didn’t get a clean sheet, but Sebastien Bassong still saved a point for the Canaries at Everton with a nice header. Norwich has only allowed two goals in their last six games. That’s what you call value.
Enough of review, you only have so much time to set your lineups (probably less than a day).
- Mark Schwarzer, Sunderland, 5.1m, vs. QPR
- Asmir Begovic, Stoke City, 5.1m, vs. Newcastle
- Anders Lindegaard, Manchester United, 5.4m, vs. West Ham
- Joe Hart, Man City, 6.9m, at Wigan
- Tim Howard, Everton, 5.6m, vs. Arsenal
- Patrice Evra, Man United, 6.8m, vs. West Ham
- Carlos Cuellar, Sunderland, 4.5m, vs. QPR
- Rafael, Man United, 6.5m, vs. West Ham
- Leighton Baines, Everton, 7.6m, vs. Arsenal
- Ryan Shawcross, Stoke City, 5.3m, vs. Newcastle
- Branislav Ivanovic, Chelsea, 7.2m, vs. Fulham
- Jose Enrique, Liverpool, 5.8m, at Tottenham
- Jose Fonte, Southampton, 4.1m, vs. Norwich
- Matthew Lawton, Aston Villa, 4.5m, vs. Reading
- Kaspars Gorkss, Reading, 4.0m, at Aston Villa
- Juan Mata, Chelsea, 9.6m, vs. Fulham
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea, 10.1m, vs. Fulham
- David Silva, Man City, 9.4m, at Wigan
- Gareth Bale, Tottenham, 9.7m, vs. Liverpool
- Santi Cazorla, Arsenal, 9.5m, at Everton
- Pablo Hernandez, Swansea, 6.1m, vs. West Brom
- Kevin Nolan, West Ham, 6.9m, at Man United
- Charlie Adam, Stoke City, 6.6m, vs. Newcastle
- Marouane Fellaini, Everton, 7.6m, vs. Arsenal
- Stephane Sessegnon, Sunderland, 7.3m, vs. QPR
- Robin van Persie, Man United, 13.7m, vs. West Ham
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool, 10.4m, at Tottenham
- Carlos Tevez, Man City, 9.4m, at Wigan
- Wayne Rooney, Manchester United, 11.7m, vs. West Ham
- Rickie Lambert, Southampton, 6.0m, vs. Newcastle
- Demba Ba, Newcastle, 8.3m, at Stoke City
- Sergio Aguero, Man City, 11.0m, at Wigan
- Olivier Giroud, Arsenal, 8.4m, at Everton
- Jermaine Defoe, Tottenham, 7.8m, vs. Liverpool
- Peter Crouch, Stoke City, 6.8m, vs. Newcastle
YOU’RE THE CAPTAIN
- Robin van Persie, Man United
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool
- Juan Mata/Eden Hazard, Chelsea
- Carlos Tevez, Man City
- Wayne Rooney, Man United
With zero goals in two straight matches, is it time to shy away from RVP? Heck no. West Ham is getting two days rest after a Tottenham beat down. United will get a few goals in this one.
Suarez was shut out last match, but so was his opponent. That probably won’t happen again. If Spurs don’t score, they will give up goals.
Fulham’s defense has disappeared lately and Chelsea will capitalize, even though they are struggling. Mata gets the edge over Hazard if you have both of them.
Wigan is a feisty team, but Tevez is a feistier player. City won’t get shutout in two straight league matches.
United will score, there’s no doubt about it. They are using a ton of forwards, but it’s a good sign that both RVP and Rooney still played 90 minutes last weekend.
*Stats up-to-date as of Nov. 26
The 2018 Xclusive Edge Fantasy Baseball Package is now available at RotoExperts.com. ALL NEW for 2018! We’ve introduced a new Slack Channel where you can access all your favorite RotoExperts to ask questions, discuss Fantasy Baseball, and get timely advice. Plus, you can chat with the entire population of RotoXNation; a whole community of Fantasy Sports enthusiasts! Your subscription gives you access to the RotoExperts MLB community on Slack for the whole season! If you play Daily Fantasy Sports, then you’ll want to check out our Daily Fantasy Sports site, DailyRoto.com. At least four people have won $1M prizes and countless others have won hundreds of thousands more using DailyRoto.com’s award-winning information, tools and advice.
Want to help fight blood cancer and compete for World Series tickets? Learn about the mission of DKMS and compete nightly for World Series tickets this MLB season on FantasyDraft. All for FREE. Sponsored by FNTSY and DKMS, learn about their mission and access the daily contests at dailyroto.com/dkms.