Lately, it’s been quite simple. If Luis Suarez isn’t on your team, you’ve likely fallen more than a few spots in the standings. Despite missing the first five games of the campaign due to suspension, Suarez leads the league with 14 goals, not to mention he has another seven assists and 18 bonus points. His price has risen to Robin van Persie levels this year (12.7m) and will continue to do so until he’s stopped.
After Suarez’s last two matches, his ownership has increased by about 10 percent and now sits at 41.4. Roughly 60 percent of people that play FPL are missing out on Suarez and are slipping in the standings. Hey, Sergio Aguero is great, but his 13 Fantasy Points in the past three matches don’t even come close to Suarez.
So what I’m saying is, you need Suarez and you need to captain him if you want to succeed.
- Luis Suarez, Liverpool
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea
- Romelu Lukaku, Everton
- Wayne Rooney, Manchester United
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City
- There’s nothing more to say about Suarez. I don’t care that he’s on the road or playing Tottenham, he’s in form and that’s almost all that matters. Granted, he hasn’t scored or assisted in two of his past three on the road.
- It’s kind of a toss-up each week for who’s going to be involved in the Chelsea goals as Andre Schurrle was the man to own last weekend. Still, we know Hazard will be in the lineup and it wouldn’t be surprising for the Blues to score at least three.
- Somewhat silently Lukaku continues to perform. He has scored or assisted in four straight matches with three of those games coming against Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal. Now the Toffees face Fulham, who has been one of the worst teams as of late.
- Villa’s defense doesn’t present a whole lot and usually struggles against the top clubs. Wayne Rooney will be back from his yellow card suspension and looking to continue the form he was on.
- While this is a tough matchup for Man City and Aguero, I had to include him on this list. Aguero’s right behind Suarez in terms of consistency and Arsenal can be beat, especially at the Etihad.
If you don’t like to go with the norm, guys like Gary Hooper and Loic Remy can be looked at, as both have favorable home matchups. Of course, other players from Chelsea and Everton can be used as well.
The 2018 Xclusive Edge Fantasy Baseball Package is now available at RotoExperts.com. ALL NEW for 2018! We’ve introduced a new Slack Channel where you can access all your favorite RotoExperts to ask questions, discuss Fantasy Baseball, and get timely advice. Plus, you can chat with the entire population of RotoXNation; a whole community of Fantasy Sports enthusiasts! Your subscription gives you access to the RotoExperts MLB community on Slack for the whole season! If you play Daily Fantasy Sports, then you’ll want to check out our Daily Fantasy Sports site, DailyRoto.com. At least four people have won $1M prizes and countless others have won hundreds of thousands more using DailyRoto.com’s award-winning information, tools and advice.